Friday, February 20, 2009

Oh No (OH NO) I Broke My Toe (I BROKE MY TOE)

So last night I stubbed my toe on the end of the bed (not for the first time of course) and actually heard it crack. Gary heard it too. It was loud. It was sort of sticking out at a weird angle. I figured it was broken. And being a House fan I figured I better have it checked out just to make sure that the marrow wasn't leaking out and going to cause someone to have to bore a hole in my skull to relieve the pressure building up in my brain from pooling blood.

I was right. It is broken but nothing is leaking so that is good. I have to keep it wrapped and wear one of those really cute surgery boot things. The boot is ugly but it does make it so I can walk without wincing which is very good. The top of my foot it a lovely shade of aqua and my foot is swollen but the doctor said it should be gone within 6 weeks or so. No problem. I guess that walking around the zoo with Abi and Zane and Lily tomorrow isn't going to happen. Oh well...

5 comments:

  1. Ouch!!:( I'm sorry. You could always rent a wheelchair at the Zoo.

    At least you don't have a PE teacher telling you that you probably didn't break it (even though everyone heard it). :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, next up is your hip! Ha ha, just kidding! Just make sure you don't get some crazy bone infection that could cause your immune system to become compromised and cause you to get a nasty case of sarcoidosis....it's always sarcoidosis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oweee! Glad to hear you're back to work and doing all sorts of useful things involving the American Fork House. Sounds like the best kind of job. And wearing a boot around the office will get you extra sympathy and attention, which will make you feel doubly welcome. As for House . . . did your toe cause you to throw up copious amounts of blood or bleed profusely out of other usually-non-bleeding orifices? Because that always seems to be a sure sign that things are only going to get worse.

    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BUMMER!! That really sucks! I hope you can still have fun with Abi & the kids. Wish we were there... :O)

    ReplyDelete