Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Wait! Hold the bulldozer!

It may not be time to bring in the bulldozer and close the landfill. I'm not sure. I may have more to contribute. This certainly belongs in a landfill which is where my wallet will probably end up after it was taken from my purse on Saturday while it was still on my shoulder. By the time I noticed it (as I was attempting to pay for a cart-full of stuff at Wal-Mart with angry customers in line behind me) they had already maxed out all of my credit cards.

The thing about it is that, if you are like me anyway, you can't really remember everything that was in your wallet. And you don't have all the store credit card numbers recorded anywhere because you are stupid. So you hope you cancelled everything. And you are without any sort of credit or debit cards for the next 2 weeks. Try it sometime. It isn't easy to work strictly in cash.

And for an update on my broken toe...it is still not healed. I am on the 4th set of "it usually takes about 6 weeks to heal." I think the doctor must have meant 6 months. At least it doesn't hurt anymore.

And finally, you may wonder why I am posting now. Well, it is 2:40 a.m. and I woke up with a bad dream and can't go back to sleep. And all the ads on TV are about male enhancement! UGH! I don't seem to be doing very well of late in so many ways... Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Let's see, I have to go to a shrink appointment and to go visiting teaching and to go to the credit union to make a statement about my wallet being stolen and to talk to the police and do a full day at the office. Yes, it's bound to be a good day, don't you think?

6 comments:

  1. :( I still feel horrible.

    I'm glad you finally posted again, though - even if it was at 2:40 in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh oh oh!! I'm so sorry, so very very sorry! I had no idea your life had become an unspeakable horror while I was fiddling around on my vacation. I'm not going to call you until tomorrow, and I hope you get some sleep tonight! I'd suggest drugs. Lots of drugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about all that! I didn't know your toe was still broken, and I can't believe that the Dr's have nothing else to say about it! You need Dr. House it sounds like it could be a symptom...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a bummer!!! I feel horrid for you. Hopefully things will get straightened out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you could have called me, i was awake. I'm always awake!

    i can't believe someone stole your wallet while your purse was on your shoulder. i didn't know things like that still happened. although it is a bummer, it IS kind of nice to see someone taking initiative and doing things the old fashioned way instead of stealing your identity online.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to put a positive spin on it Chelsea! We make money the old fashioned way; we steal it from your purse not your computer! Yea!

    ReplyDelete