Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Challenge

So my sister, Susan, challenged the world, via her blog, to commit to doing a selected something every day for a year. She is writing a happy thought blog for her project. She described an artist who had made a doll every day for a year and then displayed them on the wall. It sounded very cool. So I was thinking about what I could make. I have been looking for something to keep me busy. The obvious choice was something with paper or fabric since I already have a large supply of both and don't use much of either. So I decided to make a card a day for a year. I thought I would make some that I could send like birthday cards, Mother's Day, etc., but Gary suggested I keep them all and then take a picture at the end of the year. That's what I am going to do. I haven't figured out how I will take the picture yet but I have time to come up with something. I may decide to show some of the better ones here. But I haven't made any better ones yet. Hopefully my skills will improve through the year as well.

Since I started (on April 15) I have been thinking about nothing else. I love having something to look forward to each day (besides my lovely job, of course). It will be a challenge as I have several trips planned for the year. I already took stuff and made cards on my weekend trip to visit the gang in southern Utah. I'm committed so wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Mom, I think this is the best idea ever!

    When you are ready to take pictures, you could take pictures of the cards by month. I think that would be cool, and a little more manageable than trying to take a picture of all 365. I can't wait to see some of your awesome cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee! You're the only person I know who took my challenge! We must be gluttons for punishment! I want to come for the photo shoot. I like Amelia's idea, but I also think a picture of 365 cards sounds AWESOME, and I want a copy of that picture. Go, Lis! And PLEASE post some pictures of them as you go along. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete