Thursday, February 25, 2010

An Unpaid Political Announcement

As you may know, I am completely apolitical. I hate politics and refuse to have anything to do with them. So, in order for me to have a comment on something political, it has to have been unavoidable and really pushed my buttons.

We have a Senator running for re-election here in Arizona. Let's call him John. He has an ad on the radio that makes me very angry and I just needed to air my grievance. The ad states that this Senator is leading the fight against the President. Since when did we elect officials to "fight" the President? To disagree with, to negotiate with, to propose to, to work with, but to fight? I am sick and tired of the complete lack of respect we have (starting at the top) for the office of the President. If our elected officials go to Washington with the attitude that they are there to fight, how can we expect any sort of useful legislation? Why can't we all just get along? And give respect where it is due even if we disagree?

4 comments:

  1. Oh! I totally agree! It is getting completely ridiculous. I mean, certainly, don't pass something the Americans don't want, but that doesn't mean stopping every single thing the President is trying to do. He is the President!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT???? A political announcement on Lisa's Landfill? Has the world gone mad?!!!!

    Great announcement, BTW. Well said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I am also completely surprised at the lack of respect for the president. For example the whole debacle over him speaking to the school kids. The political system has gotten so way off base, it's hard for me to even vote. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, you have to start doing comment moderation. I didn't realize you knew so many people in Asia!! :O)

    ReplyDelete