Sunday, October 18, 2009

Shredding...and I don't mean paper

So Gary and I have finally gotten serious about dieting and exercise. We have made it 1 whole week! I don't know what made us do it but the time was just right somehow. Anyway, we are doing the famous Susan Hinckley diet which is working out well for us because it is easy to track and Gary has lost 6 pounds! (I'm not going to tell you how much I lost because I might start crying again.) We aren't hungry even though we still want to eat all sorts of bad things. That is the hardest part because eating had become such a part of our evening routine. Of course weight loss is all about forming new habits and routines.

As for the exercise, we are doing the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred video.Yes, it's true! Gary and I doing an exercise video! It is a good thing we can do it in the privacy of our own bedroom because it is pretty frightening to see. I have done 7 days and Gary has done 6. It is getting easier but I don't know that we will ever be ready to move to level 2. We are still grunting and groaning all the way through but we are doing it. I already have some arm muscles and Gary is feeling and sleeping better. I am not sleeping better but that's another story...anyway...I hope you will recognize us when you see us!

And now, a cheer...
We love shredding, yes we do!
We feel shredded, how about you?

3 comments:

  1. This must mean that "you are well on your way to being shredded . . ." I was depressed last night when Chelsea said, "You look great, Mom! You look exactly like Anita!" I was depressed because I thought I was looking exactly like Natalie, but I guess I'm still on beginner level. However, I am better at it than Russ (who has also started -- thanks for the inspiration, Gary!) So you have to make comparisons.

    Go, Cannons, Go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Mom. That's great. I hope it helps you feel better too. I'm working myself up to the elliptical here as well. Really soon. I feel it coming on. I am cutting out the caffeine too. Slowly but surely, it is going. I have bad days and it's hard to not fall back into bad habits. I'm trying to not let it stress me out though. Way to go guys, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great!! I would pay money to see dad doing a workout video! Jillian Michaels, no less!! :O) I hope we will still recognize you guys when we see you again! LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete